Academy Programs Expand Your Teen's Options
Our Programs provide a structured training program that includes:
- Career exploration and planning.
- Direct preparation for employment.
- Preparation for a post-secondary education.
Academy courses and programs introduce students to career options and assist them in the development of career choices.
Academy Programs Offer a Path to Success
The Academy prepares teens for more than a good paying job. It’s the beginning of a career path. Most new jobs require specific post-secondary advanced technical training. Our programs meet that need by providing career exploration, career paths, and links to post-secondary programs. The Academy takes students into the real world, and training approximates real work situations.
Academy Programs Challenge Your Teen to Think
Every Academy program, project activity, and organization that is in the business of preparing students for successful careers. Academy students are challenged to apply theoretical knowledge—learned in academic and tech classrooms—to practical problems in laboratories or at work sites.
Academy Offers Tools for Developing a Meaningful Plan
Talk to a school counselor about the career assessments and other tools that are available to your teen. Defining career interests and other characteristics will lead students to the education and career opportunities that promise to meet their needs.
Academy Programs Provide College Articulation Credit
Every Academy program has one or more articulation agreements with higher education institutions. Students can meet preliminary requirements for post-secondary degrees while still in high school. These programs increase the number of students going to college and improve their likelihood of success.
- Your teen will reduce the time and tuition needed to earn a post-secondary degree through technical school or two- or four-year college.
- Academy programs help your teen develop essential study habits and critical thinking skills needed to succeed in college.
Academy Programs Help Pay for Post-Secondary Education
- By taking an Academy Program, your teen can earn college credit without having to pay full tuition, as long as he or she is attending high school.
- Academy Programs enable students to acquire the skills necessary for entry into good paying careers with high potential for rapid financial growth, increased levels of responsibility, and a high degree of personal satisfaction.
- Academy Programs are a proven means of maximizing income and employment potential.
Academy Programs Broaden Lifelong Career and Education Options
- Nine out of ten employers have difficulty finding qualified people to fill job openings. The Academy provides long-term job education and skills training, enabling teens to reach their full potential.
- Studies reveal a strong correlation between education/ technical skills levels and continued employment/lifelong earnings.
Academy Students Acquire Life Skills that Apply to Any Career
More than half of employers report that applicants lack basic skills. These basic “employability” skills are taught in our Academy's programs and include:
- Goal Setting
- Resource Management
- Using Technology
- Personal Responsibility
- Higher-order Thinking
To arrange a tour of one of our facilities, please speak to one of our counselors at the locations below:
Gary D. Bixhorn Technical Center (BTC)
Edward J. Milliken Technical Center (MTC)
Harry B. Ward Technical Center (WTC)