- Career exploration and planning.
- Direct preparation for employment.
- Preparation for a post-secondary education.
1. ACADEMY PROGRAMS EXPANDS YOUR TEEN’S OPTIONS
Our Programs provide a structured training program that includes:
Academy courses and programs introduce students to career options and assist them in the development of career choices.
The Academy prepares teens for more than a good paying job. It’s the beginning of a career path. Most new jobs require specific post-secondary advanced technical training. Our programs meet that need by providing career exploration, career paths, and links to post-secondary programs. The Academy takes students into the real world, and training approximates real work situations.
3. ACADEMY PROGRAMS CHALLENGE YOUR TEEN TO THINK
Every Academy program, project activity, and organization that is in the business of preparing students for successful careers. Academy students are challenged to apply theoretical knowledge—learned in academic and tech classrooms—to practical problems in laboratories or at work sites.
4. ACADEMY OFFERS TOOLS FOR DEVELOPING A MEANINGFUL PLAN
Talk to a school counselor about the career assessments and other tools that are available to your teen. Defining career interests and other characteristics will lead students to the education and career opportunities that promise to meet their needs.
6. ACADEMY PROGRAMS HELP PAY FOR POST-SECONDARY EDUCATION
7. ACADEMY PROGRAMS BROADENS LIFELONG CAREER AND EDUCATION OPTIONS
8. ACADEMY STUDENTS ACQUIRE LIFE SKILLS THAT APPLY TO ANY CAREER
More than half of employers report that applicants lack basic skills. These basic “employability” skills are taught in our Academy's programs and include:
Gary D. Bixhorn Technical Center
(Formally Brookhaven Technical Center)
(631) 286 - 6516
Edward J. Milliken Technical Center
(631) 244 - 5815
Harry B. Ward Technical Center
(631) 208 - 2038
* Material above adapted from www.ctepmarketingtoolkit.org